Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ROTW: Drive-in Hot Dogs

This recipe is from a co-worker of mine, Stacey, we we're talking about easy quick go to recipes of ours, and she shared this one with me. She said that her family used to make a bunch of these up on Friday nights and pile in a car and go down to the Drive-in Movie place, and eat them while watching a movie. They sounded delish so I decided my family needed to try them.

These are the ingredients you'll need: Hot Dogs, Ketchup, Mustard, Pizza Sauce, Shredded Cheese, Hot Dog Buns, and Aluminum Foil.

Cut up the Hot Dogs, I cut mine in half and in half again length wise and then diced them into small pieces, add some ketchup, mustard, a small things of pizza sauce, and some shredded cheese, warm in a pan.

 Have your Buns ready...

Scoop mixture into buns...

Wrap Hot Dog's in Aluminum Foil...

and Put them in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350 or until warmed through..unwrap and enjoy.


Don't these look yummy? Kids thought they were just OK, and the Husband didn't care too much for them...Next time I make these, I am going to use chilli in place of the pizza auce and add in some diced onion...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !