Thursday, April 11, 2013

The most divine lemon sugar scrub ever! (SALE on Sassy Lacquer!!)

Hey there ya'll. i know its been awhile since writing...sorry. I've been busy. I think.

This morning I whipped up a Lemon Sugar Scrub for myself after my friend Hailey posted a link to one.

I made my own version of several recipes I looked at.

I remember as a kid in elementary school doing an experiment of sorts with lemon and salt, and how it made my hands feel so smooth afterward.

So I pulled out all my ingredients that I wanted to use:


Then poured them in a bowl or two:


In the picture above I have the oils in the small bowl and warmed it up a bit to liquefy the coconut oil.

This is all my ingredients ready to be stirred up:


Added the juice of a whole lemon and the Zest!


I didn't beautify the jar like some others do, but if I were to give it as a gift i would put a cutsie label on it and perhaps a bow:


During Scrub:


After Scrub: nice and soft!


This is where it'll sit (for a few days anyways, then I'll put it in the fridge...so it lasts a while. I'm pretty sure it would be ok setting out, but since I am in Florida and its hot here I don't want it going bad on me, that would be such a waste!):


My Recipe:

Sassy Lemon Sugar Scrub:

3 cups sugar (give or take see instructions)
juice of one lemon
zest of one lemon
1/2 cup of coconut oil, warmed to liquid
1/2 cup sea salt, coarse
1 tsp sweet almond oil

Mix together 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup sea salt.
Add in warmed coconut oil and sweet almond oil.
Add zest of lemon and juice.
Mix. I added another cup of sugar to get the consistency I wanted.

Place into a jar and use to scrub hands, feet, and legs. Scrub, rinse, and dry.
So smooth and soft afterward. Smells good too.



I'll be coming up with others as well when I am done with this scrub. Another friend, Frankie, made a coffee and brown sugar scrub. That sounds divine!

Catch ya laterz,
Carrie
www.sassylacquer.storenvy.com

PS: SALE!!! 30% off any purchase!! PLUS a FREE mini of your choice with purchase of three or more polishes! (no code for the mini, please state in note on order your mini selection)
Code for 30% off : 30ofapril
BOTH Deals Expire: April 15th 8 am EST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !